Groups and Activities
The Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Services provides a range of groups and activities which are facilitated by members of the Healthy Family Team, volunteers and parents from drop-in play sessions to focused courses or groups on a wide range of subjects.
Family Hubs (formerly known as Children’s Centres) are the Centre of our service and where we deliver and coordinate most of our provision.
Through the completion of a community based needs analysis we identify the keys areas of need within a local community and shape our services offer to meet these.
Our service provision is focused on the following key areas:
- Children and young people feel safe
- Children are ready to start school
- Mother have good emotional wellbeing in the postnatal period
- Children and young people make positive lifestyle choices
- Young people are ready for the next stage in life
- Children and young people have good emotional wellbeing
- Families are resilient
- Children, young people and parents feel connected and included
- Children have strong attachment to at least one adult
The co-ordination of services in our Hubs goes well beyond the bounds of what the statutory service offers within the building. It is a space for community provision – for young people, parents, families and others to build their own groups and their own opportunities to engage.
We ensure our Hubs and delivery sites are accessible, relevant and inviting spaces for all children, young people and families. Please visit your local Hub page for the latest information on activities and groups happening in your area.