We support children and families in Essex with parenting and their health and wellbeing.
The Family Hub team is made up of a collection of different professionals, including health visitors, school nurses, and healthy family support workers. Together we work to promote the health and wellbeing of children in Essex.
We’re able to see children and families in the community; whether in a local clinic, play area or in your own home.
Areas of support that can be provided
- Behaviour Support including boundary and routines
- Child Development
- Getting out and about
- Connecting with people in your community
- Transition to School or Senior School
- School Readiness
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Emotional Wellbeing
A request for support can be made by yourself or a professional who may already be working with you. Please download and complete the referral form and send to
Please return a copy of this form to ECFWS:
North Essex: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Essex: email@example.com
South West Essex: firstname.lastname@example.org
South East Essex: email@example.com
West Essex: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentoring support for improved family wellbeing
Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service subcontract The Essex Family Support Service to deliver mentoring support throughout Essex.
This free and here for families with children and young people aged 8 to 19 to help you build a happier life together. We will listen to you and take the time to work together to find solutions, which could include matching you with one of our Family Mentors, who can help with friendly support for up to 10 weeks.
We can help with:
- Information about the right support or services local to you
- A listening ear to talk through possible solutions to the challenges you face
- A referral to professional services, such as counselling or parenting courses
- Getting more help around your child’s special educational needs
- Support for a young person who helps care for someone else or is affected by this
- Finding local groups, activities and organisations to build social or support networks
If you want to speak to someone to see if we can help, please call 01206 505250 or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.
Or a member of the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service can make a referral on your behalf.
Information for Referrers