Safer Sleep for Babies
There are simple steps you can take to sleep your baby safely to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), commonly known as cot death. This can give you peace of mind to enjoy your special time with your baby.
Things you can do:
- Put your baby on their BACK for every sleep
- Give your baby a CLEAR, FLAT SLEEP SPACE in the same room as you
- Keep them SMOKE FREE day and night
- Breastfeed your baby
Things to avoid:
- Never sleep with your baby on a sofa or armchair
- Avoid letting your baby get too hot
- Don’t cover your baby’s face or head while sleeping or use loose bedding
Click on the links below to access information and guidance around Safer Sleep for babies and caring for your baby at night.