School nurses in Essex operate in schools across the county, delivering health advice and support to school-aged children and young people.
The team give children and young people in Essex’s schools, colleges and academies access to a school nurse 52 weeks a year.
How can we help?
Working together with schools, we:
- Participate in national campaigns and initiatives e.g. national child measurement programme
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Support and give advice to young people with medical conditions, to ensure they access the whole curriculum and are not disadvantaged
- Give school staff the information they need to support children with health concerns
- Deliver the national childhood immunisation programme
- Provide drop-in sessions for young people to talk about any health or wellbeing concerns
- Work with children and young people who have complex medical needs
We normally work from 9am until 5pm; however we’ll do our best to make ourselves available to you outside of these hours.
What happens next?
The school nursing service accepts self-referrals through school drop-ins by the young person themselves.
Children and young people can also be referred by parents and carers.